GoDaddy has a great firewall, it's using Sucuri! 🔥 But, we're seeing that some of our users who have upgraded are experiencing problems with the firewall 🚫. When Buttonizer hits the firewall it won't show any buttons. Your menu magically disappears ✨
The Firewall system that GoDaddy is using is Sucuri. That means you are able to whitelist the URL. After whitelisting, Buttonizer works just like before!
So, how do we fix it?
When you are experiencing problems with Buttonizer after you have upgraded, and you're using GoDaddy or Sucuri, then you should follow these steps:
- This step is only for GoDaddy 🧓 users: Go to https://wafx.sucuri.net/ and sign in with your GoDaddy account
- Then click on your website and go to the Access Control panel.
- Search for 'whitelist URL'.
- Select 'whitelist' and select the MATCH attribute with the value:
- That's it! Save your changes and check if your buttons are showing now! (They should show themselves now!)
Or use the following direct URL, change [YOURDOMAINHERE] to your own domain name, https://wafx.sucuri.net/?settings&site=[YOURDOMAINHERE]&panel=access-control#whitelist-url. If you're on the page, follow step 4.
Are the buttons still not showing?
In this case there is something else going on, let us know, then we'll assist you the best we can!
I'm a user of the free plugin and I'm using GoDaddy or Sucuri
In this case you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Buttonizer use a different URL structure for the free version that's not getting blocked by the firewall. If you experience any problems though, let us know!
Thanks to Nina!
Thanks to our great customer Nina! Without her information and patience this article wouldn't be there! 🔥