Step 1. Whitelist your site
To make a Facebook Messenger chat button, you'll need to first whitelist your site.
How to whitelist your site:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click Messenger Platform on the left
- Edit whitelisted domains for your page in the Whitelisted Domains section
I recommend to whitelist your site with and without "www" just to make sure.
Your site must also meet these requirements from Facebook:
Domain Name and HTTPS Required
Domains must meet the following requirements to be whitelisted:
- Served over HTTPS
- Use a fully qualified domain name, such as https://www.messenger.com/. IP addresses and localhost are not supported for whitelisting.
Step 2. Page ID
After you have whitelisted your site, you should get your Page ID so that you can insert it in Buttonizer!
To find your Page ID:e. From News Feed, click Pages in the left side menu.
- Click your Page name to go to your Page.
- Click About in the left column. If you don't see About in the left column, click See More.
- Scroll down to find your Page ID below More Info.
Step 3. Buttonizer!
Once you have your Page ID, you can simple copy and paste it into the Facebook Messenger Chat Widget action input!
If you've done the steps above and the messenger chat box still does not appear, here's a list on why it might not be working!
Your Facebook Page is in private.
The chat box will not appear if the Facebook Page is set to private.
Check if your site has the script:
<script async defer src="https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"></script>
A plugin or theme might be including Facebook's old SDK. It conflicts with the new SDK and doesn't let the chat box appear.
Using a localhost or IP address.
Accidentally not clicking the save button after whitelisting the site.